A downloadable game for Android
Battle monsters in turn-based combat, become stronger through level ups and skills, choose from a wide range of equipment, interact with numerous NPCs, visit shops, inns and taverns, search for treasure, and solve quests to follow the trail of your brother and uncover the secrets of the powers at play in Dhayavar. With luck, you may even find a legendary item!
Android Pie (9.0) users: if you experience crashes after battles, avoid the options using "Short notifications" in the "Display monster loot" preference. We'll work around this android bug soon.
The game is completely free. There is no payment to install, no ads, no in-app purchases, and no DLCs. There is no internet access required, and it can run on all versions of Android from 1.6 (Eclair), so it should run on any device, even low-end oldies.
Andor's Trail is open-source software, released under the GPL v2 license.
You can get the sources from https://github.com/AndorsTrailRelease/andors-trail
Game translation is crowd-sourced on https://hosted.weblate.org/translate/andors-trail
Andor's Trail is a work in progress, and while there is a lot of content to play, the game isn't completed. You can participate in the development or give ideas on our forums too!
If you wish to participate, we have released a content editor called ATCS, downloadable for free from www.andorstrail.com that makes it possible for anyone to create new material and expand the game, with no coding required! If you like the game, you can join others that have already created some of the content in the current release. You can see your own ideas come to life in a game that hundreds of thousands of people have played!
*This requires a PC (Windows or Linux) or a Mac. See the forums for details regarding content creation.
Visit our forums on www.andorstrail.com for help, hints, tips and general discussion. We love our community's feedback!
- Weapon Rebalancing
- Rebalancing of level 1 to 5 rewards
- A new skill, "The way of the monk" and some equipment
- Sorting of quest logs by time
- Fixes for monster difficulty
- Better explanation for permissions
- Conversation will not close when you click outside of dialogues
- Fix toast crashes (e.g. after fights)
- Fix listener crashes
- Fix Mapchange crashes
- Fix minor bugs and typos
- Translations actualized
- On entering the Arulir area the game crashed for some players
- Fixed a similar crash at Arulir's swimming lessons
- In Ukrainian language a crash occurred on viewing certain skills
- We also fixed the crash on language change on older phones
- Takeover of the latest translations
- For a better overview you can now reduce the view to 75% or 50%
- A certain person has found another, rather unfrequented tavern
- Congratulations to the Russian translators: The translation is 100% complete!
Finally a warning:
For PERMADEATH it would be good to save before updating. Just to be sure...
New things in version 0.7.8
We have some additional maps in a new area far away from home.
A couple new maps together with a quest can be found in the mountains east of Prim.
For another quest, look for a young, eager man in some tavern.
And for you completionists out there: There is a new map in Stoutford Castle and another in the BWM mine.
For new characters you can choose one of the new hardcore modes:
There are no additional saves allowed (no save/reload tactics).
Limited lives: If your hero dies once too often, game over.
If you choose the permadeath mode, you only get one life! We promise, you will play in a different style...
Up to now, languages have been limited to English or your local language, as determined by your device settings. Now you can choose between different languages that are translated to a significant extent:
93% German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
85% Portuguese Brazil
Localization handling on screen turn.
AP reset after fight.
Corrected display of negative values for ranges.
As is now usual, quickly after the new content release that was v0.7.6, here comes the how-did-we-miss-this-lets-fix-it bug fix release.
There's only typos and translation-related fixes, as well as the removal of the "read logs" permission which isn't used in the release version anyway.
Three quests with well known thieves.
Five new maps.
Completion rate > 20%:
100% Belarusian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
84% Portuguese Brazil
All new content will be available for translation in Weblate within a few weeks of a new release.
Chance in requirements.
Several typos and grammar corrected.
There was a nasty bug in v0.7.4 that systematically crashed everytime you moved forward after being shown the "special exit" in Guynmart.
- Content translations restored for Polish, Arabic, and Brazilian Portuguese.
- A workaround for a weird crash when using the Taunt skill.
- A workaround for failure to save the first time you start the game.
- Russian & Belarusian 100%
- German and Italian >99%
- Polish, Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese >70%
- Basque and French >50%
- Fixed causes of most occuring "Force Close" a.k.a. crashes.
- Fixed worldmap bug on towwn names for non-latin scripts (like Cyrillic)
- Fixed reporting of skills' effects on combat (Cleave, Fracture...).
- Fixed disappearing red X on worldmap in Remgard.
- Fixed movement animation sometimes missing after map change
- Fixed minor visual issues on many maps.
- Fixed a few quest bugs and typos
- Fixed issue with Feygard bridge guard on some old saves.
- Three new places to visit.
- Avoid monster stunning by "Robe of the Sublimate"
- Fixed lack of permission request to write on external storage
- Two new cities: Stoutford and Guynmart castle
- Many new maps, and many reworked maps in existing areas
- New quests in new and existing areas
- New game engine capabilities for content scripting
- New UI, with three themes to choose from.
- Smooth movement and scrolling in-game
- Worldmap can be zoomed out a lot more
- Filtering and sorting in Skills and Inventory views
- Bug fixes, and Android 9 compatibility.
Also available on
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.